A friend on Facebook recently linked to a post called “Worthless women and the men who make them” from a blog called “Single Dad Laughing” in which a (straight) guy laments about how the men of the world have destroyed women with this notion of the perfect woman. So many women are praising him for being amazing and wonderful and sensitive, and it’s just not sitting quite right with me. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s nice that he’s realizing that when women feel insecure about their looks, it’s not just on them individually. I just . . . don’t really like the post. Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
- OTP: River and the Doctor
- An Open Letter to Bryn Mawr College Frosh Being Helled
- Computer Games and a Walk Down Memory Lane
- Skinny Dipping In The Cloisters
- Better Dead Than Co-Ed?
- Hot Wall: Neil Patrick Harris
- Drag Ball Distress (a.k.a. What’s Drag for People Who Already Queer Gender?)
- Hot Wall: David Tennant
- My College, the Castle
- Don't Tell Me You "Don't See Race"