In a way, my experience at Bryn Mawr was bookended by Dar Williams concerts. My very first exposure to Dar was when she performed in Goodhart at the beginning of my freshman year (possibly before classes even started). And near the end of my senior year, she came back to Bryn Mawr and performed in TGH (Thomas Great Hall, to all not in the know). Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
- Night and the Doctor (Doctor Who mini-episodes)
- Better Dead Than Co-Ed?
- Musical Memories: As Cool As I Am
- The Goddess That Is Katharine Hepburn
- I Feel Like I'm Losing Myself
- May Day: The Perfect Sunday
- Skinny Dipping In The Cloisters
- Continuing Thoughts about Abusive Language at Work
- Reflections On "A Sense Of Humor"
- 5 Things That Make Me Happy -- Focusing on the Positive, Not the Negative