I posted yesterday about my frustration with the medical system relating to trans healthcare (sort of — it was a series of haiku). I went to my appointment with the doctor today and discovered that it’s not quite as bad as the people on the phone made it out to be. Apparently, I don’t actually need a letter from a therapist stating that I’m mentally competent to transition in order to have a doctor review my hormone levels and monitor my dosage (which is good because that’s just ridiculous). Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
- OTP: River and the Doctor
- An Open Letter to Bryn Mawr College Frosh Being Helled
- Computer Games and a Walk Down Memory Lane
- Skinny Dipping In The Cloisters
- Better Dead Than Co-Ed?
- Hot Wall: Neil Patrick Harris
- Drag Ball Distress (a.k.a. What’s Drag for People Who Already Queer Gender?)
- Hot Wall: David Tennant
- My College, the Castle
- Don't Tell Me You "Don't See Race"