Navigating new situations is nearly always a tricky thing, gender-wise. The past two weeks at the new job have been a bit mixed. Overall, it’s going well (more occasionally awkward than actually bad). I’m out, I think, although not in so many words — I haven’t directly said that I’m trans (no one’s asked), but I have stated that I prefer masculine pronouns in front of my entire training class. Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
- Don't Tell Me You "Don't See Race"
- Hot Wall: David Tennant, Part 2
- The Doctor and His Rose
- Best. Haircut. Experience. Ever!
- Caitlin Heaney: Talented Singer/Songwriter and YouTube Performer
- Computer Games and a Walk Down Memory Lane
- Hot Wall: David Tennant
- OTP: River and the Doctor
- Tattoo Ideas
- Nail Polish isn't just for women, but Alphanail is NOT what I had in mind