When I saw the bagels at the conference I attended yesterday, it was like I was back in high school again, just for an instant. At my high school, we had a tradition every Friday of eating bagels during homeroom. Not all homerooms dealt with bagels the same way, but my homeroom had our act together. We created an alphabetical list so that each week, a specific person would be responsible for bringing our homeroom bagels, and they would know about it for weeks (months, even) in advance. We took our bagels very seriously; my homeroom teacher even kept a bagel slicer in his classroom. Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
- OTP: River and the Doctor
- Bryn Mawr is a women’s college. What does that mean to you?
- Skinny Dipping In The Cloisters
- Barbra Streisand and "Evergreen" (Time: Live In Concert)
- Hot Wall: David Tennant, Part 2
- Favorite 10 Dishes of 2010
- Stanford Fleet Street Singers' "Prayer To The God Of Partial Credit"
- "The Babysitter's Here" at Bryn Mawr
- Favorite Posts