When I saw the bagels at the conference I attended yesterday, it was like I was back in high school again, just for an instant. At my high school, we had a tradition every Friday of eating bagels during homeroom. Not all homerooms dealt with bagels the same way, but my homeroom had our act together. We created an alphabetical list so that each week, a specific person would be responsible for bringing our homeroom bagels, and they would know about it for weeks (months, even) in advance. We took our bagels very seriously; my homeroom teacher even kept a bagel slicer in his classroom. Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
- I Miss Hell Week at Bryn Mawr
- No Surgery Required To Change Trans Folks' Birth Certificates (aka Why Vermont Is Awesome)
- An Open Letter to Bryn Mawr College Frosh Being Helled
- Missing May Day
- Your Body May Not Make You a Woman, But the Duck Pond Run Makes You a Mawrtyr
- Congratulations, BMC 2011!
- Stanford Fleet Street Singers' "Prayer To The God Of Partial Credit"
- My Dad Taught Me How To Shave!
- Night and the Doctor (Doctor Who mini-episodes)
- Darren Criss and Apple Juice: So Freaking Adorable