When I saw the bagels at the conference I attended yesterday, it was like I was back in high school again, just for an instant. At my high school, we had a tradition every Friday of eating bagels during homeroom. Not all homerooms dealt with bagels the same way, but my homeroom had our act together. We created an alphabetical list so that each week, a specific person would be responsible for bringing our homeroom bagels, and they would know about it for weeks (months, even) in advance. We took our bagels very seriously; my homeroom teacher even kept a bagel slicer in his classroom. Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
- Broadway In Chicago: The Book of Mormon
- Optimist or Pessimist?
- Hot Wall: Catherine Zeta-Jones
- The Doctor Donna
- Nail Polish isn't just for women, but Alphanail is NOT what I had in mind
- Don't Tell Me You "Don't See Race"
- The Most Amazing Person I've Ever Met
- Being Scared of Losing My Voice and Letting Go of That Fear
- Glitter Guts and the Smallest Thing
- Twas the Night Before Christmas, Doctor Who-Style