A friend on Facebook recently linked to a post called “Worthless women and the men who make them” from a blog called “Single Dad Laughing” in which a (straight) guy laments about how the men of the world have destroyed women with this notion of the perfect woman. So many women are praising him for being amazing and wonderful and sensitive, and it’s just not sitting quite right with me. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s nice that he’s realizing that when women feel insecure about their looks, it’s not just on them individually. I just . . . don’t really like the post. Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
- I Miss Hope's Cookies
- Being the Doctor and Being Trans
- Nail Polish isn't just for women, but Alphanail is NOT what I had in mind
- Hot Wall: David Tennant, Part 2
- Your Body May Not Make You a Woman, But the Duck Pond Run Makes You a Mawrtyr
- I Miss Hell Week at Bryn Mawr
- The Chronicle of Higher Education Owes Readers an Apology
- Bryn Mawr is a women’s college. What does that mean to you?
- Better Dead Than Co-Ed?