Today, for the first time in five years, I spent Easter with my family. After eating brunch together, my parents, older brother, and I went to a family friend’s place to spend Easter with a number of family friends and my aunt and two younger cousins. Despite feeling slightly apprehensive about how I was going to be gendered — and even though I feel as though I’m still visiting Minnesota and going to return to Chicago any day now — it was lovely. Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
- The Best New Thing: Sex With Timaree (Podcast Edition)
- Who is Dean Spade? (a.k.a. Why I’m So Excited About His Book)
- I Want To Be A Mermaid!
- In Honor of TDOR
- Musical Memories: As Cool As I Am
- Skinny Dipping In The Cloisters
- Drag Ball Distress (a.k.a. What’s Drag for People Who Already Queer Gender?)
- Caitlin Heaney: Talented Singer/Songwriter and YouTube Performer
- Why Is There an M/F Marker On Photo IDs?
- I Just Hugged Joey Mogul