In honor of the last Harry Potter movie, I will post briefly (because I spent most of my non-work day today at a Harry Potter party) about how awesome my alma mater is — particularly in that Bryn Mawr is hosting a magic camp this week. Oh, also? Bryn Mawr looks like Hogwarts.
According to this article, over 100 young people are attending Tannen’s Magic Camp on Bryn Mawr’s campus this well. To quote one of the students, “If there is any real, existing Hogwarts and Platform 9 and three-quarters, this is it right here” — yet another affirmation of Bryn Mawr’s magical, Hogwarts-esque, Harry Potterness.
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
- Musical Memories: As Cool As I Am
- Night and the Doctor (Doctor Who mini-episodes)
- The Goddess That Is Katharine Hepburn
- Computer Games and a Walk Down Memory Lane
- May Day: The Perfect Sunday
- The Curse of Living Forever
- Primehouse: A Burger Like No Other
- Bryn Mawr is a women’s college. What does that mean to you?
- I Miss Hope's Cookies