In a way, my experience at Bryn Mawr was bookended by Dar Williams concerts. My very first exposure to Dar was when she performed in Goodhart at the beginning of my freshman year (possibly before classes even started). And near the end of my senior year, she came back to Bryn Mawr and performed in TGH (Thomas Great Hall, to all not in the know). Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
- The Importance of Preferred Pronouns
- How Much Can ENDA Really Do? And Is Formal Legal Equality the Right Goal?
- Twas the Night Before Christmas, Doctor Who-Style
- I Miss Hell Week at Bryn Mawr
- Stanford Fleet Street Singers' "Prayer To The God Of Partial Credit"
- Hot Wall: David Tennant, Part 2
- Drag Ball Distress (a.k.a. What’s Drag for People Who Already Queer Gender?)
- An Open Letter to Bryn Mawr College Frosh Being Helled
- Your Body May Not Make You a Woman, But the Duck Pond Run Makes You a Mawrtyr
- The Doctor Donna