A while ago (when I first started this post), Genderqueer Chicago’s topic was taking up space — “When does it feel necessary to take up space and when does it feel dangerous?” It feels, like so many GqC topics, apropos. How much space I take up, and how that makes me feel, relates to gender for me. Sometimes it feels necessary; sometimes it feels dangerous — and sometimes, it feels both at the same time. Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
- OTP: River and the Doctor
- Hot Wall: Katherine Moennig
- Hot Wall: David Tennant, Part 2
- Nail Polish isn't just for women, but Alphanail is NOT what I had in mind
- The Goddess That Is Katharine Hepburn
- Night and the Doctor (Doctor Who mini-episodes)
- Who is Dean Spade? (a.k.a. Why I’m So Excited About His Book)
- What If Being Gay Is A Choice?
- Stanford Fleet Street Singers' "Prayer To The God Of Partial Credit"
- Just $1 to Support CeCe