My immediate reaction is that if I were to put together a perfect concert, it would absolutely need to have Ani, Dar, Babs, and Darren Criss. I thought a little more about what would really make it unforgettable — what would combine all of my favorite performances (not so much favorite songs, but favorite performances and performers), and I added a few more names: Kim (from the Night Owls, one of Bryn Mawr’s a cappella groups), P!nk, Cher, and ShinHwa (my childhood favorite Kpop group). I mean, if we could squeeze in Chris Colfer, Idina Menzel, NPH, and John Barrowman, that’d be fantastic, but I wouldn’t want to get greedy (you have to draw the line somewhere, after all). Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
- Is Feminism Outdated? / The Need for Trans Liberation
- Hot Wall: Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Skinny Dipping In The Cloisters
- Night and the Doctor (Doctor Who mini-episodes)
- Stanford Fleet Street Singers' "Prayer To The God Of Partial Credit"
- Who is Dean Spade? (a.k.a. Why I’m So Excited About His Book)
- Don't Tell Me You "Don't See Race"
- The Curse of Living Forever