Navigating new situations is nearly always a tricky thing, gender-wise. The past two weeks at the new job have been a bit mixed. Overall, it’s going well (more occasionally awkward than actually bad). I’m out, I think, although not in so many words — I haven’t directly said that I’m trans (no one’s asked), but I have stated that I prefer masculine pronouns in front of my entire training class. Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
- Computer Games and a Walk Down Memory Lane
- Hot Wall: Katherine Moennig
- The Minnesota State Fair: The Great Minnesota Get-Together
- Doctor Who: The Eleventh Doctor
- My College, the Castle
- Night and the Doctor (Doctor Who mini-episodes)
- Best. Haircut. Experience. Ever!
- Stanford Fleet Street Singers' "Prayer To The God Of Partial Credit"
- The Importance of Preferred Pronouns
- Hot Wall: Alex Kingston