Navigating new situations is nearly always a tricky thing, gender-wise. The past two weeks at the new job have been a bit mixed. Overall, it’s going well (more occasionally awkward than actually bad). I’m out, I think, although not in so many words — I haven’t directly said that I’m trans (no one’s asked), but I have stated that I prefer masculine pronouns in front of my entire training class. Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
- Skinny Dipping In The Cloisters
- OTP: River and the Doctor
- Bryn Mawr is a women’s college. What does that mean to you?
- Favorite 10 Dishes of 2010
- Hot Wall: David Tennant, Part 2
- The Curse of Living Forever
- Checking My Privilege
- Tattoo Ideas
- Nail Polish isn't just for women, but Alphanail is NOT what I had in mind
- Stanford Fleet Street Singers' "Prayer To The God Of Partial Credit"