“The Christians and the Pagans” has been one of my favorite Dar Williams songs for a long time — so much so, in fact, that I chose it as my senior solo with my a cappella group in college (it helped that my friend offered to arrange it for me, though). It is not, however, a song that Dar performs frequently, from what I’ve been able to tell from my four concerts (and multiple YouTube searches). Nevertheless, at her concert at the Fitzgerald Theater in Saint Paul, MN, Dar sang “The Christians and the Pagans,” and it was wonderful. Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
- The Importance of Preferred Pronouns
- Night and the Doctor (Doctor Who mini-episodes)
- Chicago Restaurant Week 2014: iNG
- Broadway In Chicago: The Book of Mormon
- The Goddess That Is Katharine Hepburn
- Stanford Fleet Street Singers' "Prayer To The God Of Partial Credit"
- I Miss Hell Week at Bryn Mawr
- Caitlin Heaney: Talented Singer/Songwriter and YouTube Performer
- Musical Memories: Dragostea Din Tei and I-Day
- Should I Go To Law School?