“The Christians and the Pagans” has been one of my favorite Dar Williams songs for a long time — so much so, in fact, that I chose it as my senior solo with my a cappella group in college (it helped that my friend offered to arrange it for me, though). It is not, however, a song that Dar performs frequently, from what I’ve been able to tell from my four concerts (and multiple YouTube searches). Nevertheless, at her concert at the Fitzgerald Theater in Saint Paul, MN, Dar sang “The Christians and the Pagans,” and it was wonderful. Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
- Hot Wall: Catherine Zeta-Jones
- No Surgery Required To Change Trans Folks' Birth Certificates (aka Why Vermont Is Awesome)
- An Open Letter to Bryn Mawr College Frosh Being Helled
- I Miss Hell Week at Bryn Mawr
- Missing May Day
- Your Body May Not Make You a Woman, But the Duck Pond Run Makes You a Mawrtyr
- Congratulations, BMC 2011!
- Stanford Fleet Street Singers' "Prayer To The God Of Partial Credit"
- My Dad Taught Me How To Shave!
- Night and the Doctor (Doctor Who mini-episodes)