I had top surgery exactly one month ago, and I’m feeling great! I’m loving no longer having to bind, especially since I’m finally free of the post-surgical compression vest. My clothes — sweaters and button downs, tees and hoodies — look so much better. It’s quite exciting. I feel comfortable wearing all sorts of shirts that I didn’t want to wear previously. I’m also healing fairly well; part of the scars are even looking thin and smooth and light pinkish, which seems to be a move in a positive direction. I can hug (yay!), and I have more energy (I started back to work today, which went well). All in all, things are pretty fantastic.
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
- Hot Wall: Katherine Moennig
- Hot Wall: David Tennant, Part 2
- The Goddess That Is Katharine Hepburn
- Nail Polish isn't just for women, but Alphanail is NOT what I had in mind
- What is it with Restrooms?
- The Problem with #FirstWorldProblems
- Darren Criss and Apple Juice: So Freaking Adorable
- Stanford Fleet Street Singers' "Prayer To The God Of Partial Credit"
- I Love TJLP
- The Doctor and His Rose