I saw a lot of theatre last year – I’ve seen a lot of theatre in my life, for that matter – and none of it has captured my heart as utterly, thoroughly, and immediately as the Chicago cast of The Book of Mormon, which became the 2nd National/Jumamosi Tour. Don’t get me wrong: Wicked on Broadway was magical, and it’s still probably tied with BOM for my favorite musical (and the Emerald City tour with Alison Luff and Jenn Gambatese really was terrific), but The Book of Mormon was life-changing. Nic Rouleau and Ben Platt (as Elders Price and Cunningham, respectively) were – and presumably still are, since they’re now reprising their roles on Broadway – perfection. Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
April 2014 S M T W T F S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Hot Wall: David Tennant, Part 2
- OTP: River and the Doctor
- Don't Tell Me You "Don't See Race"
- Favorite Posts
- Response to Single Dad Laughing
- Stanford Fleet Street Singers' "Prayer To The God Of Partial Credit"
- Computer Games and a Walk Down Memory Lane
- Hot Wall: Sam Tsui
- Hot Wall: John Barrowman