Since middle school or high school or so, I’ve had rather a negative, knee-jerk reaction to words like “Christian,” “Catholic,” and “religious.” It always brought to mind the super-conservative, “you’re going to hell” sort of fundamentalism. I know that not all Christian, Catholic, and/or religious people are like that — I have many religious family members and friends who aren’t like that — but it’s still what first came to mind. That began to change for me when I learned about Unitarian Universalism during the end of my junior year at Bryn Mawr. Jeff Houghton’s list reminds me that “Christian” does not actually mean “conservative fundamentalism” (or “Christian fundamentalist”), even for people I don’t personally know. Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
April 2015 S M T W T F S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- OTP: River and the Doctor
- Hot Wall: Katherine Moennig
- Hot Wall: David Tennant, Part 2
- Tattoo Ideas
- Top Surgery Tomorrow
- Surgery Date Is Finally Here!
- The Minnesota State Fair: The Great Minnesota Get-Together
- Being Scared of Losing My Voice and Letting Go of That Fear
- My Dad Taught Me How To Shave!
- Catherine Tate, David Tennant, and Comic Relief 2007: My Intro to DT