I saw my old high school’s production of Arthur Miller’s All My Sons tonight, and it was outstanding. It was the first real show by them, from the house (not as part of the cast/crew), in eight and a half years. I was a little apprehensive because, well, it’s high school theatre, and I’m used to professional theatre — and I no longer even recognize the names in the program (with the exception of my much-loved former theatre director and tech director’s son) — but I was truly impressed and proud. The set was fantastic (not that I would have expected any less, given that the tech director is brilliant), and the cast made me forget that they’re little high-schoolers (my frosh’s frosh and younger). The play itself also seemed very relevant. Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
February 2015 S M T W T F S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
- Night and the Doctor (Doctor Who mini-episodes)
- Hot Wall: David Tennant, Part 2
- Hot Wall: Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Hot Wall: Katherine Moennig
- Mamma Mia! (The Musical)
- Bryn Mawr is a women’s college. What does that mean to you?
- Hot Wall: Neil Patrick Harris
- I Miss Hope's Cookies
- Skinny Dipping In The Cloisters
- Should I Go To Law School?