I saw my old high school’s production of Arthur Miller’s All My Sons tonight, and it was outstanding. It was the first real show by them, from the house (not as part of the cast/crew), in eight and a half years. I was a little apprehensive because, well, it’s high school theatre, and I’m used to professional theatre — and I no longer even recognize the names in the program (with the exception of my much-loved former theatre director and tech director’s son) — but I was truly impressed and proud. The set was fantastic (not that I would have expected any less, given that the tech director is brilliant), and the cast made me forget that they’re little high-schoolers (my frosh’s frosh and younger). The play itself also seemed very relevant. Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
September 2015 S M T W T F S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Hot Wall: Katherine Moennig
- Happy Parade Night To All
- I Miss Hell Week at Bryn Mawr
- An Open Letter to Bryn Mawr College Frosh Being Helled
- Hot Wall: Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Your Body May Not Make You a Woman, But the Duck Pond Run Makes You a Mawrtyr
- Caitlin Heaney: Talented Singer/Songwriter and YouTube Performer
- Better Dead Than Co-Ed?
- I Miss Hope's Cookies
- Stanford Fleet Street Singers' "Prayer To The God Of Partial Credit"