Today is TDOR, the Transgender Day of Remembrance. TDOR is, as the TDOR website states, a day to “memorialize those who were killed due to anti-transgender hatred or prejudice.” They list the people being remembered this year here. Instead of writing a post of my own today, I will offer a link to JamieAnn Meyers‘s “Transgender Day of Remembrance 2011: Remembering Our Dead, Seeking Justice for Our Living.” Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
May 2015 S M T W T F S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Hot Wall: Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Your Body May Not Make You a Woman, But the Duck Pond Run Makes You a Mawrtyr
- The Problem with #FirstWorldProblems
- I Miss Hell Week at Bryn Mawr
- The Importance of Preferred Pronouns
- "Us" versus "Them"
- If I Didn't Need Money, I'd Be An Attorney
- I Miss Hope's Cookies
- My Dad Taught Me How To Shave!