A while back, I came across an article online from Vanity Fair regarding a then-recent episode of Glee. Brett Berk, the writer — an openly gay man who uses the term “faggy” to refer to himself — uses the term “fags” in a relatively innocuous way, referring to the Dalton Warblers of Glee, and it created an immediate uproar. Frankly, though, all of the ‘no one should ever use that horrible word, and he should be fired!’ people upset me more than his use of the word did. Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
October 2016 S M T W T F S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Being Scared of Losing My Voice and Letting Go of That Fear
- Computer Games and a Walk Down Memory Lane
- Feeling Disillusioned About Journalism
- Tattoo Ideas
- Drag Ball Distress (a.k.a. What’s Drag for People Who Already Queer Gender?)
- OTP: River and the Doctor
- Don't Tell Me You "Don't See Race"
- Who is Dean Spade? (a.k.a. Why I’m So Excited About His Book)
- Caitlin Heaney: Talented Singer/Songwriter and YouTube Performer
- Dar Williams and "Midnight Radio"