A while back, I came across an article online from Vanity Fair regarding a then-recent episode of Glee. Brett Berk, the writer — an openly gay man who uses the term “faggy” to refer to himself — uses the term “fags” in a relatively innocuous way, referring to the Dalton Warblers of Glee, and it created an immediate uproar. Frankly, though, all of the ‘no one should ever use that horrible word, and he should be fired!’ people upset me more than his use of the word did. Continue reading
- blogging BMC book Broadway Bryn Mawr change Chicago childhood college coming out community concert criminal legal system Darren Criss Dar Williams David Tennant Dean Spade Doctor Who Eleventh Doctor Exploring Trans family food friends frustration gay gender genderqueer Genderqueer Chicago Glee high school homophobia hormones Hot Wall humour identity injustice job Korean life Matt Smith memories Minneapolis Minnesota music name change names outrage politics postaday2011 prison abolition prison industrial complex privilege pronouns queer racism review singing society song songs T theatre TJLP top surgery Traditions trans transgender transition transphobia Twin Cities update video voice work YouTube
September 2015 S M T W T F S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Happy Lantern Night, Bryn Mawr
- I Miss Hell Week at Bryn Mawr
- Night and the Doctor (Doctor Who mini-episodes)
- GenderQueer: Voices From Beyond the Sexual Binary
- Stanford Fleet Street Singers' "Prayer To The God Of Partial Credit"
- Better Dead Than Co-Ed?
- OTP: River and the Doctor
- Musical Memories: As Cool As I Am
- Hot Wall: David Tennant, Part 2
- Your Body May Not Make You a Woman, But the Duck Pond Run Makes You a Mawrtyr